National Taipei University College of Law is one of the oldest and most premier law schools in Taiwan. It was first established in 1952 as the Department of Judicial Administration at Taiwan Provincial College of Administration. A little earlier before the Provincial College was merged into Chung Hsing University in 1961, the Department was transformed into Department of Law under College of Law and Business. In 2000, the College of Law and Business was separated from the Chung Hsing University and transformed into a new university—National Taipei University. At the same time, the Department of Law was transformed into College of Law.